Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year - 2009!

In the "It's Never Too Late to Try Something New" department, I decided to follow in the footsteps of Alyssa (aka "Daughter #2) and initiate a new blog. Since blogs are now 10 years old, I assume they've "worked the bugs out" - so I'm going to give it a whirl...

Here then, will be the home of my weekly newspaper column - as soon as I learn to navigate my way around a "blog-site"- (my weekly humor/commentary column is now "South Valley Memoirs" - a derivative of my old "Mushroom City Memoirs" column - more about all that at a later date) as well as favorites from my "Sweetlight Works" photos and family favorite photos.

My goal is to create a living journal to observe the goings on in a small town, a big state, and a really great country from the perspective of a girl who grew up in Colorado, moved to California at the tender age of 18, married, had two daughters, one baby granddaughter (June 2007)- and another on the way as we wait for Ashley (aka "Daughter #1) to give birth to Gracie's new baby sister due the first week of April.

Hope we'll all enjoy the ride...and away we GO!!

1 comment: