Sunday, January 18, 2009

Bad (Foot)Wear Day Revisited

So last week when admitting to a major style faux pas and making a total fashion victim of myself, little did I know that I was closer than I thought possible to actually making a trendy "Fashion Statement." Here is what happened.

A couple of days after wearing my sandals with socks, the NBC hit "30 Rock" aired. AND, would you believe it, there was mega-Emmy-winner Tina Fey/Sarah Palin clone about to leave on her vacation to the tropics, saying she was going to be hanging out at the beach in her SANDALS and SOCKS JUST LIKE THEY DO IN PARIS!!! That's PARIS, people, as in FRANCE. The Glam Capital of the World!! And ok, Tina was saying "dark" socks and mine were, well, technically, white. But I would just like to mark that day as being "darned close" to being a major fashionista trend setter.

On a related note, I have oodles of pictures of my mother taken back in the late 30s, early 40s, and she was definitely a "babe." Let's just say Julia Louis Dreyfus is a clone of my mother. Yes, she was pretty hot. EXCEPT for (I USED to think) - her sandals and socks!!! That's right - it was an actual trend back in the day and I have pictures to prove it.

So if you want to know what's hot in the world of fashion, just give me a ring...at least if it pertains to the whole sandals and socks thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment