Thursday, March 12, 2009

Doo,Doo,Doo, Lookin' out my backdoor!

Above, the view from our house of the Never Summer Mountains, part of the Rocky Mountain Chain on the western slope in Grand Lake, Colorado. And, below, the view, a little closer up thanks to my big, fat telephoto lens...


OK, so technically this is not the view from my BACK door exactly...but this is what we see from the front deck of our home here in Grand Lake - altitude 8500 feet, give or take...The view brought to mind one of my favorite songs by Creedence Clearwater Revival... "Just got home from Illinois, (California?) Lock the front door, oh boy! Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch. Imagination sets in, pretty soon I'm singin, Doo, doo, doo, lookin out my back door." Yes, it's a little chilly to be sitting on the deck but with a view like this (even from the living room windows), ya gotta be happy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment