Sunday, October 25, 2009

Column Catch-up

Eggs: They're not just for breakfast anymore...Well, no, that wasn't the title of my column but the strange egg above is...well, I WISH I could tell you about the strange egg above. Trouble is I stopped reading the description due to becoming too grossed out, so all I've gotta say about that is it has something to do with unhatched critters.
The same goes for this jolly guy. And no, I don't know if that's an actual photograph of the actual blowfish or if it's a mock-up. What isn't a mock-up is the apparently hundreds of people who die each year from improper blowfish preparation. So next time you're coming over for dinner, I can guarantee this will NOT be on the menu!


And what can I say about the above photo except...Have a heart. Ah, come on - have THREE of them. And again I didn't stick around to read the description of the photo but I'm pretty sure these chunky fellows are hearts. Hopefully not of humans. So if you would like to read my column about some pretty risky foods, just click on "The Column" link above on the right. There you'll find "Warning: Breakfast may be risky business."

Moving right along now to the little sweetie below. The photo's title is "School Girl" and yes, that is simply disturbing on so many levels. But she's a pretty spiffy looking pup and that's what my next column is about.

When Puddin, our Lhasa Apso, began to go blind I was advised to bathe and groom him myself if at all possible due to the loop that goes about a dog's neck at the groomer's. And a small, short-haired dog would've been infinitely easier to bathe and groom. But we had to take the bad with the good and just go for it.
To read about the grooming experience and the chaos that ensued, simply click on "The Column" link above and you'll find "Clever canine no match for this dog whisperer." Oh, and while you're at it, remember that dog grooming is best left to the professionals because dogs have been known to get a little "snippy" and we wouldn't want what's happening in the photo below to happen to you! Umm...OUCH! That's gotta hurt.



Finally, is it just me, or does the gal in the photo look A WHOLE LOT like Hillary Clinton? Maybe she's got a dog in training just in case hubby, Wild Bill, decides to bust another move with a White House intern...Till next time...







No comments:

Post a Comment